HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A SMOOTHIE CEREAL???
This creamy smoothie cereal recipe takes just 5 minutes to make, and takes just one bowl! Perfect for an easy breakfast on the go.
- 1 cup fruit of choice
- 3 oz container of greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup cereal of choice
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- Sprinkle of freeze dried strawberries
- In a cereal-sized bowl mix together the fruit, yogurt, and cereal.
- Once mixed together pour your milk over the top and mix!
- Add peanut butter and freeze-dried strawberries (if desired).
- Mix together again, and enjoy!
- Greek Yogurt: This helps thicken your smoothie cereal, and packs a satisfying punch of protein!
- Cereal: Use your favorite kind of cereal, or whatever you happen to have on hand. I like to use a bran cereal, or my fave, puffed wheats, but feel free to tune in to your cravings and mix it up a little!
- Fruit: I chose fresh berries and some sliced banana, since I absolutely love this combo, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Even frozen fruit will work!
- Freeze dried strawberries: I love adding freeze dried strawberries to this smoothie cereal bowl! Not only does it add a yummy, concentrated strawberry flavor, but it also adds a crunchy texture.
- Peanut Butter: This ingredient is totally optional, but highly recommended for peanut butter lovers such as myself. I will sometimes also swap with raw nuts instead.
- Milk: This helps thin out the yogurt a little, and ensures that your smoothie cereal is the perfect consistency. You can use cow’s milk, or any milk of your choice. I like to use cashew milk.
Frozen Fruit: If you opt to use frozen fruit, be sure to allow enough time for your fruit to thaw OR use small pieces like wild blueberries.
Milk: Almond, cashew, and oat milks all work well for this recipe. If you want an added protein punch you could use a protein shake!